Friday, August 31, 2018

Thirty Days of Painting Thirty Paintings

Tomorrow is the beginning of the Thirty Days of Painting Thirty Paintings. This challenge is by way of Strada Easel who encourages painters to make a painting every day, for the entire month of September. I am welcoming this adventure, as most of our summer has either been extremely hot or the air quality has been hindered by the forest fires in our area. The smokey skies give some interesting and warm glowing light, but it is an irritant as well, and time out-of-doors is limited. I hope that the fires will slow down now and the air remains clear and cooler.

Things I learned from last year. The challenge of painting daily is enough. Have all thirty panels, or canvases ready; last year I painted with 10" x 10" gessoed paper, but the square format was an additional hurdle I did not need. Looking forward to the next painting, regardless of how the last one turned out, keep moving forward, learning along the way and allowing freshness to prevail.
I hope that I can employ last year's experience and keep a steady approach. I will stop before this list becomes too daunting.

I would love it if you followed along. I'll be posting my weekly progress here, but the daily progress will be posted on my facebook artist page at https://www.facebook.com/MiraVistaStudioArts.
 Thanks so much for your interest and continuing support.

No comments:

Post a Comment